Friday, December 25, 2009

Young 16 year Old Gives Baby Up For Adoption.

I have recently talked to some women that are part of CafeMom that have just found out they are about to be mothers. I have been one of the first ones to congratulate them. It is a scary time for some, and also exciting as well.

Recently I even read a story about a 16 year old giving birth on Dec 21 and she gave her baby up for adoption. Her story is about how she has no support from her own parents and she know what was best now for her was to give up her child to a couple that lost 3 children already. The young girl got to meet the adopting partent's before they left with their new baby. Its a sad story it brought tears to my eyes as I read her words. I told her to make a journal out of her writting so if the adopted parents keep in contact maybe one day they will share this story with the child they will now be calling their own.

I wish I could of copied it and let you all read it but I did not have her permission. So I can only tell you her gift of life and unselfishness is so wonderful that most women can not do. Her words are so loving as she tells her love for her baby. Yet she agonized over giving her baby to another coupled and in the end she hands over her son.

She has returned home and is expected to act like a child again, go to school and act like this never happened. Yes in her heart and her sole she knows this is impossible. How can she be the same young girl as she once was? My heart goes out to her and my arms wish they could of wrapped around her and told her it would be ok some day. If I get her ok I will copy her story here for all to read. Its heart felt touching and just makes you think.

No comments: